Certified Los Angeles City & State Compliance Services
Thanks for Visiting! Realtors, Escrow Officers, and Home Owners can use the order forms set up for easy access. Just go to the Quick Access Arrow (Below Left!), Scroll Down and Click on the large buttons! Or simply just Call us!
818. 883.2568 We look forward to working with you and hope your Home Selling experience is a positive one!
Escrow Retro was started with the Real Estate Professional in mind. We have been working hand in hand with Realtors for over twenty years. Escrow Retro has been at the forefront since the City of Los Angeles has required Water Conservation Retrofitting. We are proud that Escrow Retro has been here for the Real Estate Pro's from the start! You can count on us for performing what is needed and trust us for taking care of your clients Retrofitting needs.
Escrow Retro is a "Full Service" Certified Los Angeles City & State Retrofit Compliance Co. We are Liscensed with the State of California as a B-1, General Contractor and a C-36 Plumbing Contractor. We are Bonded, and Insured with Liability and Workmans Comp Insurance.
When you sell a Property in Los Angeles City, there are certian "Requirements" that must be met before the Escrow can Close.
What we Do!
We Specialize in Performing the needed Mandatory Inspection of the "9A" City Retrofit Requirements, Specified by Los Angeles Building and Safety, (LADBS) We also can Perform any of the needed work to bring the property up to the City and State Compliance Mandate.
We will "Certify," once the 9a items are in Compliance, and "Sign Off" on the DWP Certficate of Compliance, (COC,) needed to Close your Escrow!
Typically, within the City of L.A., for a Single Family Home, Townhouse, Condo, Apartment Building or a Commercial / Industrial Building, we Inspect for the Following catagories:
- We check for "Water Conservation; Point of Sale" 1.6 gpf or less, low-flow toilets, Inspect all Shower heads & Faucets to make sure they meet the low flow compliance mandate
- We Check all Water Heaters for corretly installed Double Strapping, Seismic Blocking, and correct "TPR" valve Discharge. Tankless Water heaters are duly noted!
- We Locate and Test all Smoke and CO Detectors for correct opperation, and correct Locations.
- We Inspect Sliding Glass Doors (movable door only) for a safety Glass insignia "Tempered Glass," or a viable Sticker that confirms that a "Impact Safety Glazing has been Installed.
- And Lastley, We Verify if the E.Q. Seismic Gas Shut Off Valve, (SGSOV), has been Installed on the Gas Meter, and has been Permitted and Approved by the LADBS (Building & Safety.)
After our initial "Retro Inspection," If all of the Compliance items are met, we will Issue the DWP "Certificate of Compliance." If any items are not in compliance, we will Provide an "Itemized Report / Proposal" of what is needed for the property to meet the current Compliance Mandate. Once the property has met all necessary ordinances we will issue the necessary DWP Certificate of Compliance (COC); "only needed in Los Angeles City."
Properties located outside the City, in the Unincoorporated County of Los Angeles, can also be Inspected, and "Certified" as well, to make sure that they meet the mandatory State Compliance. The State of California Mandates that all Properties being sold have the following:
- Water Conservation; Point of Sale" 1.6 gpf or less, low-flow toilets, Low Flow Shower heads & Faucets
- Water Heater Double Strapping, Seismic Blocking, and correct "TPR" valve Discharge
- Correctly Installed Smoke and CO Detectors
As a consideration, we can bill through escrow!
Escrow Retro is a Company that strive's to offer a Professional, Honest, and carring commitment to all of our Clients!
Gary M. Gram
(Owner of Escrow Retro)